Tuesday 28 April 2020

Tuesday Stuff

Another walk and some more birds!

This Ruby-crowned Kinglet actually sat still sometimes so I could take some pictures.

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Apparently Cormorants fly in "V"s as well as geese (and often neater ones too).

Double-crested Cormorants
I decided to take a couple shots of this "prairie robin" who kept singing for me.

Western Meadowlark

Western Meadowlark

Western Meadowlark
Some more Blue-winged Teals!

Blue-winged Teals
Many frogs can be heard everywhere and so I went looking for some, found this big guy among others.

Leopard Frog
Red-winged Blackbirds advertising their territory.

Red-winged Blackbird

Red-winged Blackbird

Red-winged Blackbird
The windmill was perfectly still... such a perfect, calm day.

Windmill
A female Yellow-rumped Warbler posing for me while taking a drink.

Yellow-rumped Warbler
Found a small number of Rusty Blackbirds foraging among some Common Grackles. Notice their shorter tails and overall smaller size.

Rusty Blackbirds and Common Grackles
Can't go birding in the spring without seeing some Robins.

American Robin
This American Tree Sparrow hiding from me in a shrub.

American Tree Sparrow
This Eastern Phoebe was calling away as it hunted for the occasional airborne insect.

Eastern Phoebe
This Black-capped Chickadee customizing a nest whole and checking me out.

Black-capped Chickadee

Black-capped Chickadee
I recorded 31 species on this walk including one FOY; I saw and heard my first White-throated Sparrows of the year. At other times in the day I was able to record two more FOYs as I saw a Lark Sparrow and Peregrine Falcon!

Thanks for checking in!

Joel G.






No comments:

Post a Comment