Monday 20 April 2020

Lockport

On my way back from birding Clandeboye Road, I stopped in at Lockport because why not. Not much of a story to tell, but a couple of neat shots. Let's get to it.

Prepare to be spammed by a bunch of photos of Ring-billed Gulls. This individual allowed me to get within 6 feet of it! Don't worry we were responsible and practiced physical distancing. Now I know most people don't like gulls, but tell me that this one, in pristine breeding plumage, doesn't look simply stunning.

Ring-billed Gull

Ring-billed Gull

Ring-billed Gull

Ring-billed Gull

Ring-billed Gull

Ring-billed Gull pair
You can't do a post on Lockport and not include pelicans.

American White Pelicans

American White Pelican scooping up dinner

American White Pelican
On the other, less turbulent side of the locks I found a group of Hooded Mergansers. These are certainly unique ducks!

Hooded Mergansers

Hooded Mergansers

Hooded Mergansers
Where there's water, there's geese. Lockport is no exception.

Canada Geese

Canada Geese
So concludes my post on my brief visit to Lockport! Thanks for checking in! Feel free to check out my Lockport Bird Log post.

Joel G.

No comments:

Post a Comment